Canon MX490 printer can be used for printing, scanning, and faxing. It will handle both wired and non-wireless connections. Make sure that your Canon MX490 printer has a manufacturer’s seal on it. For canon mx490 setup, insert the power cable to the printer and press the on/off button and fill the printer cassette with white sheets.
Canon Pixma MX490 wireless setup download
- Firstly, check whether your printer is turned on or not.
- Turn on the setup button and select the option of a wireless LAN setup.
- Tap “OK” and the canon mx490 setup will start looking for the networks.
- Hold the WPS button of your wireless router for 2-3 seconds.
- Select the “OK” option and it will show you that your wireless setup is connected.
- Press the copy button, and your process will be complete.
- Start printing from your canon printer and check the network and connection.
How to do Canon MX490 scanner setup
- Power on the Canon MX490 printer.
- You need to download and install the Canon MP driver from the manufacturer’s site on your computer.
- Set up the IJ scan utility on the computer.
- Select “settings” on the IJ scan utility’s main dialog box.
- Choose your resolution, size of the paper, and other data according to the document which needs to be scanned.
- Above the instruction button, click “Document” on the dialog box.
- Finally, you can scan your documents with the Canon MX490.
How to do canon Pixma mx490 fax setup
- Power on the Canon MX490 printer.
- Press the fax button on the canon device’s control panel.
- Put the documents which need to be faxed on the canon’s MX490 feeder.
- Click the “Menu button” on the screen. Then, go to the scan option, press “OK” and modify the contrast accordingly.
- Again, press “OK” on the screen and modify the scan resolution in the same manner.
- If you want to scan a photo then select a photo in the scan resolution.
- Again press the “OK” button to return to the fax screen.
- Take up the receiver of the telephone which is connected to the Canon MX490.
- Speak to the recipient by dialing his fax number on the telephone and tell him to set their fax device.
- If you want to adjust the colors then press the color or black color button on the screen for color or black color transmission respectively.
Frequently asked questions
How do I connect my Canon mx490 printer to my phone?
You can connect your mobile phone to Canon MX490 by using a wireless router. You have to download and install the Canon printer app. You have to select “Add a printer” on your main screen. Then, click “register printer” and select “printer setup”. Your screen will ask you to connect the device to Wi-Fi. When the router is connected with your device, a Wi-Fi icon will be displayed on the device’s screen and then you can connect your mobile phone to your printer.
Why is my canon mx490 printer not printing?
Make sure that your computer is a printer is connected with your computer. Also, check the ink box and white sheet cassette that it is not empty. Moreover, if you are using any USB hup then disconnect it and connect directly to the computer and try printing again.
How do I connect my Canon mx490 printer to WIFI?
- Power on the printer.
- Select the setup button on the printer.
- Click on Wireless LAN setup.
- Tap the “OK” button and your printer will start searching for the networks.
To conclude, you can easily print, fax, and scan your documents with the Canon MX490 printer. If you have any problems with the canon mx490 setup then you can follow the above-mentioned steps and can set up. If you want to learn more about the Canon MX490 printer you can visit canon.com/ijsetup.